Friday, September 30, 2005


Jerry Wexler was a journalist turned record producer for Atlantic Records who became a partner and shareholder of the company. He produced giants such as LaVern Baker and Aretha Franklin. He was also the influencial figure in Atlantic's distribution deal with Stax Records. That arrangement proved to be enormously successful for both compaines. Wexler won numerous industry awards such as best producer in 1967 and 1968. He went on to produce artist Bob Dylan, Dr. John, Delaney and Bonnie and Dire Straits. Jerry Wexler is a living legend. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phillip,
I wish you had got back to me about the Atlantic pictures I used to work freelance for Atlantc and directly through Barbara Harris.
Please check out my web Site.
www.getyourhistoricalpictureshere.
com Looks good I could have helped you make it look better
Sincerely.
Merrill A. Roberts Jr.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home